Bartenders for Events

We are a specialized event bartender and "garden to glass" craft cocktail catering company, with a variety of fun Happy Camper mobile bars in tow. Because we provide a unique cocktail reception experience, we have a few unique, but frequently asked questions to take into account when plotting the bar for your event. Don't see your question here? No problem, hit the "Contact Us" button!

When is the Happy Camper available for booking?

We are currently booking events for Fall 2018 and beyond. 
We are booking holiday parties for 2018 now, and weddings for 2019 and beyond.

What types of events does the Happy Camper service?

From intimate parties and elopements to corporate events for 1,500 guests, we can do it all! We are built to scale and love to serve guests at all varieties of events, including weddings, festivals & street fairs (sponsored by a nonprofit/ 501(c)3 organization), company picnics, corporate parties, reunions, retirement parties, birthdays, tailgates, retirements, and any other reason you have to celebrate, including "Tuesday." We can bartend with one of our mobile bars, or at the venue of your choice. 

Are you insured and permitted?

We are licensed caterers and carry liquor liability and general liability insurance to cover our services. All bartenders are class 12/MAST permitted. All employees carry a food handler's card. We do not have a liquor license so we do not sell alcohol. 

When we serve at private events, clients generally elect to also apply online for an $11 banquet permit from WA state liquor control board to cover their party.

When we partner with nonprofit organizations to serve publicly, the nonprofit client must apply online for a $60 special occasion license from the WA state liquor control board.

Wait, so you don't sell me booze?

Well, starting Fall 2018, we will!

But for now, you buy the booze, and we make it taste delicious! We will walk you through the complications of what and how much to order and from where so that you don't end up with wasted product. We also partner with local brands and are able to get you some wholesale discounts on their products as a result. By purchasing your mixologists and your alcohol separately, you actually save a ton of money on your event ( read this! Or ask us for a price comparison when you get your quote! A quote on average bar service for 100 guests is an almost $2,000 price difference between us and the traditional caterers!), and we work hard to keep the process as seamless as possible.

How far does Happy Camper Cocktail Co. travel?

We love exploring the beauty of Washington state so we're happy to travel to your events in Seattle, Bellingham, Tacoma, Walla Walla, Chelan, Leavenworth, and wherever else you want to celebrate! 

Travel within 50 miles of Enumclaw, WA carries no additional charge. Outside of this area a travel fee will be added to quotes.

What is required to bring the bars to an event site?

Our camper is a petite 13.5 feet long and we're getting pretty good at backing her up so you can belly up to her bar. We'll need a flat space of about 10 feet wide x 14 feet long x 10 feet high for the Happy Camper and more space for your guests to gather. Entrance to the site should be clear with a wide, easily traveled and accessible road for our fullsize truck + camper.

The wooden bars are trailer in as well, using a cargo trailer. We require an easily traveled road to tow the cargo trailer in and unload the bar equipment. The wooden bars require a flat space about 5 feet wide and 6 feet deep, with additional room for a line to form.

We can discuss electrical options for your site over email or, better yet, a cocktail. If you don't have any electrical options, don't worry. One of the reasons we started this business was the desire to turn any pretty spot into the perfect party spot so we can run our camper bar off of a generator and our wooden bars have battery powered lights.

One last thing we'll say again - we cannot serve in public access areas without a 501(c)3 partnership due to WA state liquor control board rules.

Please contact us if you have concerns or questions about the site you plan to use.

Absolutely. While we love to serve from the vintage camper bar because a) it's so charming and b) it creates infrastructure and ease at any venue, we do offer other wooden mobile bars that can be used either as additional bar locations for large events or instead of the camper bar. If your venue already has a bar at which you'd prefer we serve, that works too. If the camper bar is booked for your date, your venue won't accommodate the camper bar, or it just isn't what you're looking for, fear not! Our signature "garden to glass" cocktail service is still available to you and we will use your preferred bar.

Are there bar options besides the camper bar?

Many of our events take place at private estates, farms, or homes. However, we can travel almost anywhere, including inside some of Seattle's large, unique indoor warehouse spaces for winter events! We are also preferred vendors at several event venues in the Seattle area, including: Trinity Tree Farms, Carnation Farm, the Field at Willie Greensthe Kelley Farm, Rein Fire Ranch, Mountain View Manor, Black Diamond Gardens, 10 degrees, Shangri-La on the Green, the Finery, and Brookstom Creek. We can also service other event venues and even WA state parks, if we meet their “Outside Vendor Requirements”. They may need to ask us some questions about licensing, insurance and service policies and we'll be happy to oblige. If you would like to receive a list of venues in the Seattle area with open catering policies where we can work (not comprehensive, but featuring many venues that we know of) just mention that request when you contact us. We are able to work in public spaces only if your event is sponsored by a non-profit/501c(3) organization.

I'm not sure my venue will allow this service...

Yes! For all reserved events, a consultation is offered. For weddings, we require that the couple meet with us in advance. Not only do we want to get to know you, we want to make sure that your menu is exactly what you're looking for, that we know the timeline for your big day, and that you understand our terms of service.

Can I taste the drinks before the event?

You had me at happy hour. How do I book?

Start by sending us an email at our contact page and we can chat about the details of your dream party! We require a 50% deposit and a signed contract to save your date.

And, we book fast! Weddings tend to book out 6 months+ in advance, so please contact us today to reserve your date.